Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Spliced In Day 20




During the month of July There will be featured here at Lunch Break haiku related essays; original copyright remains with the websites and to their respective writers.


Spliced In - Day 20

...To appreciate haiku it is necessary to acquire a taste for it. The first time I tried Japanese Green Tea I thought it very odd stuff. Most Westerners I know have had a similar reaction. I'm used to Green Tea by now but I'm still intrigued by the difference between Green Tea and English Tea. How can they both be tea? How can haiku and what-we-call-poetry both be poetry? ...


Read the essay Haiku and related forms by Martin Lucas

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I get that, at first I thought it discordant, then fell in love...still trying sometimes, when it feels right

Devika Jyothi said...

Lovely mood :) and the essay - a nice gist explainsing the forms ...thanks for the link to Haiku Presence too Gillena :)

wishes,
devika

Gillena Cox said...

thanks for stopping by Lorraine and Devika


much love...